Sunday, May 20, 2012

As the Deer...



Psalm 42:1
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.

(Picture from Google Images)

To know me fully, all anyone would need to know is this one verse.  In this Psalm, the deer has been running through the meadow.  She has been running hard and fast. Was she being chased?  She is tired, but most of all, she is panting, thirsting, yearning for that drink from the stream.  That one drink will renew her strength, bringing her comfort and relief.  My soul seeks that same long, quenching drink of God, and seeks it anew each morning. Without His touch that weariness will never become rest, my longing will never be stilled. I search for my God in His Word, in worship, in music.  I look for Him, and He is always there, waiting to be found.  There, in that moment of finding Him again, I have my comfort and my thirst is satisfied.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment